Memorandum of Understanding
between United Professors of Marin, AFT Local 1610 and Marin Community College District
March 13, 2020
With regard to Coronavirus (COVID-19) health and safety concerns, United Professors of Marin, AFT Local 1610 (“UPM”) and Marin Community College District (“District”) hereby agree as follows for probationary/permanent and part-time faculty members teaching credit/non-credit and for child care instructors:
1. When an employee is directed to be absent from their worksite by order of any federal, state or local agency including the District, the employees shall receive full pay and benefits for as long as the Federal, State or Local agency requires the quarantine.
2. No employee will be charged sick leave or docked pay if the school or worksite is closed for health and safety reasons.
3. If an employee elects to remain at home for reasons other than illness while the work site is open, the employee must use their own current leave balances as permitted under the CBA.
4. In the event of a workplace closure/partial closure, or the District moving instruction partially or fully online, employees will work remotely or on-campus as allowed.
5. If an employee is ill or under a verified quarantine and unable to work, the employee must use sick leave. If an employee is diagnosed with COVID-19 and exhausts their sick leave, the District will provide the employee with an additional ten (10) days of sick leave to use when they are off work due to COVID-19. This additional leave would be used before the employee enters differential leave status.
6. This MOU does not set a precedent for any purpose.
7. This MOU is valid through May 30, 2020. If the need for this MOU as it relates to COVID-19 extends beyond May 30, 2020, the parties will review and extend this agreement with or without revisions.
Together we are: